KEY - Knowledge through Enterprise for Youth
Aged 14-16 years (Year 11 pupils)
This is a cross-border, cross-community initiative, targeting 14-16 year olds. The programme is supported by the International Fund for Ireland and is operated in partnership with Junior Achievement Ireland.
• Course takes place over 4 residential sessions, 3 blocks of 3 days and 1 block of 5 days, September–May.
• Schools partner with two additional schools throughout the programme.
• Students develop their interpersonal skills amongst their peers.
• Students develop professional skills improving future employability.
• Students set up a trading company to sell products at a local Trade Fair and learn about customers,marketing, finance and sales.
• Endorsed by CCEA & NCCA.
The school has been involved in the KEY programme for eight years and continues to develop great relationships with other schools and the KEY programme staff.