What we do:
Movilla High School is committed to meeting the learning needs of all its students regardless of academic abilities or learning barriers. Sometimes pupils may need extra help and support with their work in various subjects throughout school. In Movilla this support is provided by the Learning Support Centre(LSC). The LSC provides a caring, consistent and fun environment in which pupils can practice and learn new skills to enable them to achieve in their academic endeavors.
The support provided by the LSC includes:
- Small tutorial groups for literacy, numeracy and key skills during Key Stage 3 (No more than 4 in a class)
- Support with GCSE study skills and coursework.
- Support for students studying in different learning centers (NDTL/SERC)
- Individual programmes for pupils with various learning barriers.
- Reading groups and paired reading programmes
- Reading Recovery
- Parents workshops / consultations.
- Homework Help
- Help for pupils for whom English is an additional language
A team of teachers and classroom assistants ensure that every pupil receives the help they need in order to reach their academic potential.
Learning Support Teachers: Mr J Green/Mr D Martin
School SENCO: Mrs P Barbour
*Please contact the school office if you have any enquiries.