In order to protect the Movilla High School community of pupils, parents, staff and governors, the following measures will take immediate effect:
- All afterschool detentions will be postponed
- There will be no use of our premises by third party organisations during or after school
- Visiting speakers, groups or other organisations will be cancelled
- All afterschool support or help classes and extra-curricular activities will be cancelled
- Staff will not attend CPD or Inset courses in external venues
- Only JCQ or CCEA staff/visiting moderators/examiners who present no risk, will be permitted on school premises.
- Parents/Visitors will be instructed to phone the school office before access to the door-release is given. A notice is posted on the main door of reception.
AT THIS POINT THERE HAVE BEEN NO REPORTED CASES OF COVID-19 AMONGST OUR PUPILS, STAFF OR WIDER SCHOOL COMMUNITY SHARED WITH THE SCHOOL.
Over the past number of days, staff have been preparing for the eventuality of a forced closure and preparing to upload materials to our online learning platform Google Classroom. Pupils are also being taught how to access their subject specific work online which can be monitored, marked and given feedback. This will be essential in the weeks which are to follow. Instructions will also be posted on our website and Facebook Page. Please check in for regular updates.
We would ask that everyone in the school community follow the guidelines as outlined by the Public Health Agency:
- Self-isolate if any family member presents symptoms of a new persistent cough or a fever.
- Call 111 Helpline, contact your GP and remain at home.
- Please call the school on 02891 812079 to let us know of this development.
- In this quickly changing situation, we will endeavour to contact the school community as effectively as we can by text and our online forums, www.movillahighschool.org or @MovillaHS
Thank you for your understanding and patience at this difficult time.