- Mrs Barbour (SENCO)
- Mr Martin (LSC)
- Ms Laid (LSC)
- Miss McCord
- Mrs Smyth
- Mrs Crothers
- Mrs Abbott
- Miss Barbour
Movilla High School is committed to meeting the learning needs of all its students regardless of academic abilities or learning barriers. Sometimes pupils may need extra help and support with their work in various subjects throughout school. In Movilla this support is provided by the SENCO, Learning Support Centre (LSC) and the assistance of Outside Agencies.
The SEN team provides a caring, consistent and fun environment in which pupils can practise and learn new skills to enable them to achieve in their academic endeavours and break down their barriers to learning.
The support provided includes:
- Small targeted learning groups for literacy, numeracy and other key skills during Key Stage 3 and 4
- Support with GCSE study skills and coursework.
- Individual programmes for pupils with various learning barriers. Eg Behaviour management and Social Skills
- Reading groups and accelerated reading programme
- Pause, Prompt, Praise
- Lunchtime activities
- Help for pupils for whom English is an additional language
- Use of Assistive technology